It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men
A healthy child is a happy child and Proper nutrition is a critical part of keeping your children healthy, but many parents may find that there is nearly a dizzying array of food options for kids.
Knowing what to feed, when to feed it, and what size portions to provide your child can be challenging., If you’re concerned about your child’s weight & height, please speak to our pediatrician to get advice and support.
Dr Sachin can track your child’s weight history and use height and weight charts to determine whether there is a cause for concern at this time.
Make an appointment online or call our clinic to get help with child’s diet guidance.
As a parent, it’s your job to:
- Set regular meal and snack times that work for the whole family. Share mealtimes and eat with your children.
- Offer a balance and variety of foods from all food groups at mealtimes.
- Offer food in ways they can manage easily. For example, cut into pieces, or mash food to prevent choking in younger children.
- Help your children learn to use a spoon or cup so they can eat independently.
- Include your child in age appropriate food preparation and table setting.
- Avoid using dessert as a bribe. Serve healthy dessert choices, such as a fruit cup or yogurt.
- Show your child how you read labels to help you choose foods when shopping.
- Avoiding fast food restaurants shows your children the importance of enjoying mealtime as a family, while eating healthy home cooked meals.